Sponsored by Brother
Before the COVID-19 pandemic, for many working from home may have been an occasional choice, but now it’s the status quo for most. We’re all still striving to find the most effective strategies and products to enhance the work from home experience. W.B. Mason and Brother have teamed up to shed light on this topic – check out these tips for improving your communication and printing technology while working remotely:
- Overcommunicate with your team: Losing the in-person time with your co-workers can be difficult to manage and create silos. Try to build online systems that resemble your office environment and keep the lines of communication open. Jumping on a call can help make sure the nuance doesn’t get lost and reduce long email threads. Clarify expectations for project timelines and keep everyone aligned with actionable goals. We recommend tools like Microsoft Teams or Slack to help foster better online collaboration.
- Practice rigid IT security: Keeping your data secure is still crucial while working remotely – hackers can work from anywhere too. Make sure you have guidelines in place for your team to follow; enabling Two-Factor Authentication on computers and mobile devices is a great place to start. Discuss information and data access needs with your team to create processes for everyone to get what they need to work efficiently.
- Find the right device for your needs: If you are looking for printers that provide secure, reliable performance, and mobile connectivity options, we recommend the Brother Wireless Laser Printer or Brother Mono-Laser Printer. These products offer:
- Fiscally responsible operation: Includes 12,000-page cartridge, and 20,000-page replacement cartridge for lower cost printing1.
- Enhanced productivity: Fast print speeds, 520-sheet paper capacity holds over a ream of paper allowing for fewer refills, and color Touchscreen display has the capability to create shortcuts for frequently used features2.
- Digital transformation: Fast, two-sided scanning to a variety of destinations, scan to and print from cloud services3, and convert hard copy documents directly from the device into editable Microsoft files including Word, Excel, PowerPoint4.
All teams and team members are unique – talk with your employees to understand what issues they are facing and work to find solutions. Making sure your team can be productive and feel supported are some of the most crucial elements for success in these complicated times.
Brother International Corporation. “Tips and Tricks for Working From Home”. 2020. PDF File.
Pilon, Annie. “How to Work from Home”, Small Business Trends, 26 March 2020, https://smallbiztrends.com/2020/03/how-to-work-from-home.html. Accessed 30 Oct 2020.
1Approximate toner cartridge yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (letter/A4)
2Scanning and 4.85” touchscreen only available on MFC-L6900DWG
3Requires an Internet connection and account with desired service
4Requires Internet connection