The winter months usually mean that cold and flu season is approaching, which is a time where people tend to get sick, and germs spread more rapidly. Since we are right around the corner from what I like to call the “sneeze fest,” it’s the perfect time to discuss the types of products that can be used to help reduce the spread of germs around schools, offices, and other places of business.
The common cold and the flu can be some of the most common illnesses that go around, especially during the winter months because of how easily germs spread from one place to another. Both illnesses can come with many symptoms, so it can be important to remember what to look out for and to be prepared with lots of supplies. Luckily, W.B. Mason has loaded up on many types of Lysol® cleaning products this cold and flu season and is equipped to stock up your workplace with the click of a button… or two. After all, Lysol® is one of the top trusted brands for killing germs and has a variety of products that are effective against a wide range of germs, including the cold and flu virus.
Lysol® offers dozens of products that can be used on a variety of surfaces. From disinfectant wipes, aerosol sprays, multi-surface cleaners, to laundry detergents, Lysol® is committed to eliminating germs from the high-traffic areas in your office and other places of business. Here are some of our favorite Lysol® products for keeping the spread of germs at an all-time low, and that can be used in a wide variety of settings:
- Lysol® Brand Disinfecting Wipes, Lemon & Lime Blossom Scent
- Lysol® Brand Disinfectant Spray, 19 oz, Crisp Linen
- Lysol® Brand Clean & Fresh Multi-Surface Cleaner, Sparkling Lemon Sunflower, 144 oz
Catching the flu or a cold from someone is no fun, and the symptoms can be difficult to deal with. By being aware of what can happen during cold and flu season, you can take steps to help protect yourself, your co-workers, students, and loved ones from getting sick and spreading germs throughout the next couple of months. Here are some tips to keep in mind that can help us avoid getting sick and spreading germs:
- Wash your hands often. This can be one of the most important things you can do to protect yourself from germs. Washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing can help reduce the spread of germs.
- Use hand sanitizer. If you can’t wash your hands with soap and water for one reason or another, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. I like to keep a small bottle of hand sanitizer in the car, at my desk, and in my purse for whenever it is needed.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. If you must be around someone who is sick, try to stay at least 6 feet away from them.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. This helps to prevent the spread of germs through the air. It can also be helpful to encourage others to do the same. Reminding those who tend to forget to use their elbow to cough or sneeze can help reduce the number of germs that escape into the air.
- Wipe and spray down commonly touched surfaces. Using Lysol® disinfectant spray and wipes to clean commonly touched surfaces like tables, desks, light switches, doorknobs, and drawers can help reduce the spread of germs and bacteria.
- Avoid touching your face. Germs can enter your body through your eyes, nose, and mouth. Try to avoid touching your face as much as possible and wash your hands thoroughly if you do touch your face.
- Stay home if you’re sick. If you’re sick, it’s important to stay home from work or school to avoid spreading germs to others. After all, no one likes being sick, so try to stay away from others if you aren’t feeling well.
Lysol® has many types of products that are all excellent at reducing the number germs and bacteria found in high-traffic places such as offices, doctors’ offices, schools, and retail stores. Here are some ways to use Lysol® products at work to protect yourself from germs during cold and flu season:
- Use Lysol Disinfectant Wipes to clean and disinfect surfaces. Lysol® Disinfectant Wipes are effective against a wide range of germs, including the cold and flu virus. They are also easy to use, making them a convenient way to clean and disinfect surfaces. Making a habit of wiping down surfaces each day can help reduce the spread of germs, especially in the winter months when they tend to spread faster. Be sure to stock up with 6 cannisters of the Lysol® Brand Disinfectant Wipes in the Crisp Linen Scent.
- Use Lysol Disinfectant Spray to eliminate germs in the air. With cold and flu season approaching, it can be a good idea to stock up on Professional Lysol® Brand Disinfectant Spray. Places like the office, classrooms, restaurants, retail stores, and other places of business can accumulate germs quickly, so a quick spray after everyone has left for the day can help kill the germs that are in the air. It also doesn’t hurt to use it a few times per day, especially when it leaves the room smelling crisp and clean.
- Use Lysol Laundry Sanitizer to kill germs on clothing. Lysol® Liquid Laundry Sanitizer can kill up to 99.9% of bacteria, including the cold and flu virus. It can be used on all types of fabrics, including whites, colors, and delicates, so be sure to stock up.
By following these tips and stocking up on Lysol® products and supplies, you can help to protect yourself and those around you from getting sick and spreading germs during cold and flu season. Being sick is no fun, so help reduce the spread of germs with Lysol®!
Lysol. Where are Germs Found? (https://www.lysol.com/clean-and-protect/protect-against-germs/understanding-germs/where-are-germs-found) Accessed September 21, 2023.
Lysol. Helping Prevent the Flu for Mom and Dad. (https://www.lysol.com/clean-and-protect/protect-against-germs/learn-about-cold-and-flu/how-to-prevent-the-flu) Accessed September 21, 2023.