Hello craft enthusiasts and glue aficionados! Have you ever found yourself overwhelmed by the sheer variety of arts and crafts supplies out there, especially if you have kids or students to entertain? Fear not, for we have stumbled upon a magical elixir that transcends the boundaries of creativity – glue! Yes, you heard me right. That humble adhesive solution saves us from numerous figuratively and quite literally sticky situations. The possibilities are endless, and with a little creativity and some sticky supplies, you are well on your way to constructing some lovely home décor, toys for the kids, or even, dare I say SLIME! So, gather all of your trusty Elmer’s products such as your glue stick, glitter glue, or even the classic white glue bottle, as we explore the wacky and wonderful world of arts and crafts you can do with glue!
1. Popsicle Stick Puppets: Sick of stepping on those pesky popsicle sticks your kids leave lying around after devouring their frozen treat? Well, fear not! Transform those little wooden devils into puppets that’ll keep your little monsters entertained for hours. Just grab some construction paper, Elmer’s® Washable School Glue, and get creative! Cut out shapes, characters, or even a mini replica of your grumpy neighbor, and glue them onto the sticks. Now sit back, relax, and enjoy the show (while hoping they don’t turn the living room into a circus).
2. Photo Coasters: Forget the same old boring coasters your grandma is used to getting as gifts. Get your craft on and create some personalized photo coasters that’ll leave Granny speechless! All you need is cardboard, photos, and the magical power of Elmer’s glue. Stick those precious memories onto the cardboard, seal them up with mod podge (because you’re fancy like that), and boom! You’ve got yourself unique and useful gifts that’ll make everyone think you’re Martha Stewart’s long-lost child.
3. Flowerpots Galore: Tired of those drab clay flowerpots that just scream “plant prison”? Spruce up your garden with some fabulous DIY flowerpots that’ll make your plants do the happy dance. Grab a small clay pot and slather it with Elmer’s® Washable Clear School Glue. Then, go crazy! Wrap colorful yarn around it, stick on some pipe cleaners for an extra funky touch, and top it off with buttons, beads, or plastic crystals. Voila! Your flowers will be living their best life in a pot so fancy even the Kardashians would approve.
4. BFF-Made Friendship Bracelets: Bracelets are the universal symbol of friendship, so why not take it up a notch and create jewelry that’s as unique as your bond? Forget about plain old threads – we’re talking glittery or colored glue. Yep, you heard right. Unleash your inner Picasso and design one-of-a-kind friendship bracelets using Elmer’s magic adhesive. Just a word of advice: make sure your friends are ready for the commitment because these babies won’t be coming off anytime soon.
5. Button Art: Time to put those random buttons you’ve collected over the years to good use! Grab a sturdy piece of cardboard, Elmer’s glue, and go button crazy. Arrange those little beauties into shapes, designs, or patterns and create a masterpiece worthy of Picasso himself. Whether it’s a button tree, a button heart, or a button abstract masterpiece, your wall will thank you for the artsy upgrade.
6. Scrapbooking Fun: Remember that time Aunt Mildred got stuck in a tree during your family camping trip? Or that unforgettable moment when your dog photobombed your sister’s graduation picture? Those memories deserve a special place, and what better way to preserve them than with a sensational scrapbook? Gather your photos, colorful paper, stickers, Elmer’s® Washable School Glue Sticks, and unleash your inner crafting genius. It’s a surefire way to create a keepsake that’ll make future generations giggle and cringe at the same time.
7. Slime, slime, slime: If you’ve got kids, work as a teacher, or a camp counselor, you’ve probably heard about the slime craze that’s taking over the world. Well, guess what? Elmer’s is here to make all your slimy dreams come true with their glorious slime glue. Mix it up with Borax powder, throw in some food coloring, and if you’re feeling extra brave, sprinkle in glitter (because why not?). Head over to Elmer’s website for the exact slime recipes and get ready for an afternoon of ooey-gooey fun with your little monsters. Warning: prepare to get slimed yourself – because what kid doesn’t love slime?
Whether you are seeking a new DIY project, want to make a fun day for the kids, or simply want to embrace the absurd, glue is an extraordinary tool to ramp up your arts and crafts game. So, grab those Elmer’s glue bottles and sticks and let your imagination run wild! Just remember to read the instructions, avoid gluing your fingers together, and enjoy the hilarious adventures you’ll embark on. Happy gluing, friends!
Elmer’s. Blog. (https://www.elmers.com/blogs?fdid=blog) Accessed July 7, 2023.
Good to Know. 50 Easy crafts for kids that are fun, fast to set up, and will engage their imagination. (https://www.goodto.com/family/things-to-do/easy-crafts-for-kids) Accessed July 7, 2023.